Certificate in Physical Education – C.P.Ed.
C.P.Ed. or Certificate in Physical Education is a Certificate Physical Education course. Physical Education is taken as a subject during primary and secondary education that encourages psychomotor learning in a play or movement exploration setting. The duration of Certificate in Physical Education is ranging from one academic year to three but it varies from institute to institute. The minimum time to complete the course is also differentiating from institute to institute. The course may also be available on part time basis in some certain institutes. C.P.Ed. course is an important one as it provides wide spread knowledge of health and sports to the candidates along with many health-related jobs.
- A candidate who is studying/has passed D.Ed. examination is eligible to do C.P.Ed. Course.
- Anyone who is interested in working in the field of Sports and has passed the Higher Secondary examination (12th) or has appeared for the examination is eligible to do the Course provided he/she is below 30 years of age.
- School teachers who are below 30 years of age are also eligible for the Course.
- Teachers who are doing or have completed B.Ed. (General) are also eligible for the Course.
Syllabus of Physical Education as prescribed by various Universities and Colleges.
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|1||Drill with equipment like dumbbells, flags etc.|
|3||Athletics – 100 mtrs running, long jump, shot putt|
|1||Organisation & Management of Physical Education in School|
|2||Learning, Evaluation & Organisation of Physical Education|
|3||Organisation & Management of Sports & Games|
|4||Psychology, Physiology, Statistics and Physical Education|
- Babu Anant Ram Janta College, Kaithal
- Sri BVN College of Physical Education, Kolar
- Govind National College, Ludhiana
- Singhania University, Pacheri Bari
C.P.Ed. Course Suitability
- The Course is suitable for those who interested or desirous in Certificate in Physical Education and its related areas.
- It helps those who have interest in teaching fields at higher degree level i.e. college and university both in private and government institutions.
- Candidates having interest in physical activities, health and want to become instructor also are suitable for it.
How is C.P.Ed. Course Beneficial?
- This degree course enables the students to go for various physical activities such as education, instruction, verbal instructions, demonstration, video and diagrams.
- They can go for higher degree program in respective subjects who have aimed at becoming teacher and lecturer.
- Candidates can become health advisor and instructor for physical activities and for games.
C.P.Ed. Employment Areas
- Colleges & Universities
- Sports Complex
- Private Clinics
- Spa Centres
C.P.Ed. Job Types
- Physical Education Teacher
- Sports Person
- Physical Education Trainer
- Fitness Sports Coach
- (Male and Female) Physical Therapist
Advance Courses in C.P.Ed.