Ph.D. (Physical Education)
Doctor of Philosophy in Physical Education
Ph.D. Physical Education or Doctor of Philosophy in Physical Education is Doctorate level Physical Education course. Physical Education is an inter-disciplinary subject involving a study of Education, Human Physiology, Anatomy and Social Sciences. It is the foundation for lifelong fitness and high performance in competitive sports. Ph.D. in Physical Education provides an in-depth knowledge of Research process in Physical Education and acquainting the student with different methods of Research. Every student should write a Thesis on the topic to be decided by him/her in consultation with a supervisor/guide. The topic of thesis and the name of the supervisor/guide need to be approved by the Research and Recognition Committee. The minimum duration is two years (3 years for external candidates) and maximum 5-6 years.
Ph.D. Physical Education Eligibility
- M.P. Ed. or its Equivalent Degree or M.Phil. in Physical Education
- Candidate should clear the common entrance exam conducted by the University for the Course.
Ph.D. Physical Education Syllabus
Syllabus of Physical Education as prescribed by various Universities and Colleges.
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|3||Field work, seminar, Practical work & academic activities|
Ph.D. Physical Education Colleges
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapur
- Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
- Maharshi Dayanand University – MDU, Rohtak
- Desh Bhagat University, Fatehgarh Sahib
- Vinayaka Missions University – VMU, Salem
Ph.D. Physical Education Course Suitability
- The course is suitable to enable the student with different data collection tools and the procedure of developing them and to enable the student to understand and apply different types and methods of research.
- They should be able to enjoy and have skills in physical activity; enthusiastic, patient and tactful; enjoy working with young people and good communication skills.
- Other required skills are a commitment to personal health and physical fitness; high-level organizational skills and prepared to work outside of school hours.
How is Ph.D. Physical Education Course Beneficial?
- The course helps to acquaint the learner with the challenges and opportunities emerging in integrating new technology in Physical Education process.
- It also helps to acquaint the students to manage the programme of competitions, intramurals the basic level of competitions.
- It helps those who have skills like research, analyses and evaluate health and health-related issues from a multidisciplinary standpoint.
Ph.D. Physical Education Employment Areas
- Educational Institutes
- Health Centres
- Sports Clubs
- Game Coaching Centres
Ph.D. Physical Education Job Types
- Physical Education Teacher
- Female Physiotherapist
- Sports Person
- Physical Education Trainer
- Home Tutor
- Fitness Instructor
After completing Ph.D. (Physical Education) you can become:
- Physical Trainer